Offspring Diapers & Wipes
Prices of Offspring diapers & wet wipes
The average prices for Offspring diapers & baby wipes in 2022 in Singapore are as follow (based on lowest prices in Loviya):
Ultra-Thin Diapers Tape
- NB22: S$11.5
- S44: S$15.9
- M38: S$15.9
- L32: S$15.9
- XL26: S$15.9
Fashion Diapers Tape
- S48: S$18.2
- M42: S$18.2
- L36: S$17.4
- XL30: S$17.4
- M42: S$15.9
- L36: S$15.9
- XL30: S$15.9
- XXL24: S$15.9
Plant-Based Baby Wipes
- Pack of 20: S$2.6
- Pack of 80: S$4.9
Some baby diaper brands develop an eco-friendly series as a supplementary addition to their portfolio, while others stake their entire brand equity on being clean and green.
Offspring diapers certainly belong to the latter, much like other environmentally conscious brands such as Bambo Nature. An Australian company, it is evident that Offspring takes pride in their organic, sustainably sourced, biodegradable products. These include not only nappies, but also personal care essentials such as baby wet wipes and shower liquids.
In Singapore, Offspring diapers have carved out a niche for themselves by appealing to more eco-conscious parents, with the premise that better protection for Mother Earth means the same for their babies’ health and safety. This branding angle is reinforced by a slew of organic and dermatological certifications accrued over the years, mainly from Australian accreditation bodies.
The Offspring products available here in Singapore are primarily the Ultra-Thin Diapers, Fashion Diapers and Plant-Based Wipes. Let’s have a more in-depth review below on Offspring diapers and wipes and all their natural goodness.
Unique characteristics of Offspring diapers
Before we delve into the specifics of each Offspring diaper series, it’s worthwhile to look at the broad design principles which differentiate the brand competitively.
Offspring diapers are certified organic by Ecocert, a France-based organic certification body that’s one of the largest in the world. With this certification, the diapers are formally recognized as free of substances such as GMOs, synthetics, chlorine, triclosan and phthalates.
Compared to other brands, what is commendable about Offspring is the voluntary disclosure that its organic certification “only” guarantees a minimum of 95% of its ingredients are organic. While this may dampen the idealistic notion of 100% organic ingredients, at the very least it still demonstrates the company’s commitment to transparency, integrity and consumer welfare. This is still better than many other so-called “organic” or “natural” brands who do not offer such nuances beyond the generic organic label.
Supply chain transparency
Transparency, particularly in terms of ingredient sourcing and manufacturing processes, is a de facto prerequisite for any brand that wants its green credentials to be taken seriously. Offspring clearly recognizes this, disclosing its supply chain distribution for its key diaper ingredients as follow. The diapers themselves are made and packed in Australia.
- Latex-free spandex polymer from South Korea for the stretchable waistband and leg cuffs.
- SAP from Japan for the absorbent core.
- Adhesives from Germany for holding the diaper together, which are free of optical brighteners and toxic chemicals.
- Inks from USA, approved by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and used for the diaper prints.
- Chlorine-free wood fluffy pulp from Germany, used for the absorbent core.
This is complemented by other supporting certifications attesting to the sustainability of the company’s sourcing and production processes, such as being animal cruelty-free and forest-friendly.
Lack of wetness indicator
At first glance, the lack of a wetness indicator in Offspring diapers may be seen as a huge negative, especially with the ubiquity of this feature across the diaper industry. Dig a little deeper, however, and you may even come to admire the reason for omitting such a basic feature: wetness indicators are usually made with chemicals, and Offspring simply wants their nappies to be as natural, safe and chemical-free as possible. Not a bad trade-off, a minor inconvenience for even better protection for your child.
Offspring Ultra-Thin Diapers
Offspring Ultra-Thin Diapers are proudly self-proclaimed as the “thinnest diapers in the market”, and akin to “a second skin” for baby. While some of you may roll your eyes with cynicism at such typical marketing speak, these nappies do have a relatively groundbreaking design: they do not contain cellulose or woodpulp in the absorbent core.
Instead of the conventional SAP and woodpulp combo used in many diapers, Offspring has replaced the latter with a proprietary 5-layer absorbent technology in the Ultra-Thin Diapers. According to Offspring, thanks to better fluid distribution, this absorbent core does not bulk up as easily compared to the conventional version, which lends it 2 advantages.
First, the core is less likely to break and cause discomfort to your baby, especially when pressure is applied due to baby’s movements. Secondly, the chance of urine backflow from the diaper to your baby’s skin, or compression re-wetting, is reduced. Such backflow can easily lead to hygiene problems and irritate your baby’s skin, leading to conditions such as diaper rash. Importantly, the absorbency remains as good as, if not better than, other major diaper brands.
Besides the green credentials and innovative absorbent technology, Offspring Ultra-Thin Diapers also do not compromise on the other relatively mundane features. These include an elastic, water-proof waistband, double-later leg cuffs, as well as breathable outer layer.
Offspring Ultra-Thin Diapers are available as tape and pants in Singapore, in the following sizes:
- Newborn (NB): up to 4kg. Sold in packs of 22.
- Small (S): 3 to 6kg. Sold in packs of 44.
- Medium (M): 5 to 9kg. Sold in packs of 38.
- Large (L): 9 to 14kg. Sold in packs of 32.
- Extra Large (XL): above 12kg. Sold in packs of 26.
Offspring Fashion Diapers
In terms of form, function and sustainability, Offspring Fashion Diapers are largely similar to the Ultra-Thin series. The key differences for Fashion Diapers can be distilled down to the following, each concerning style and substance respectively:
- Who says the humble nappy cannot be a fashion statement? The Fashion Diapers certainly bring a stylish side to your baby’s unsavoury, smelly business, boasting a wide assortment of striking, colourful prints. These are designed based on themes such as zoo animals, pets, flora, marine life and fruits. These are some of the most adorable, and yes, fashionable diapers we have come across in Singapore, and can certainly serve up a graphic lesson or two for your little one. NB: these cute diaper designs do not come at the expense of your child’s health and safety; the inks are plant-based, and free of nasties such as lead and heavy metals.
- Unlike the Ultra-Thin Diapers, wood pulp is used in the absorbent core of the Fashion Diapers. This could be partly driven by cost considerations, with larger quantities and colour variations of ink needed for the aforementioned decorative prints, compared to the Ultra-Thin series. Another factor could be some parents’ mistrust regarding the opaque nature of the 5-layer absorbent technology, with its ingredients and manufacturing processes a closely-guarded secret. Hence the need to strike a balance by rolling out a conventional fluffy woodpulp version. Nevertheless, the woodpulp is certified chlorine free, and, according to the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), sourced from sustainably managed forests.
Offspring Fashion Diapers are sold as tape and pants in Singapore, in the following sizes:
- Newborn (NB): up to 4kg. Sold in packs of 56.
- Small (S): 3 to 6kg. Sold in packs of 48.
- Medium (M): 6 to 10kg. Sold in packs of 42.
- Large (L): 9 to 13kg. Sold in packs of 36.
- Extra Large (XL): above 12kg. Sold in packs of 30.
- Medium (M): 6 to 11kg. Sold in packs of 42.
- Large (L): 9 to 14kg. Sold in packs of 36.
- Extra Large (XL): 12 to 20kg. Sold in packs of 30.
- Extra Extra Large (XXL): 15 to 23kg. Sold in packs of 24.
Offspring Plant-based Baby Wipes
Like many major nappy brands, Offspring seeks to position itself as a comprehensive sanitary solutions provider for babies, offering both diapers and wet wipes. The Offspring wipes certainly seem a fitting complement to the diapers series, boasting ingredients and features befitting the brand’s overall bio-friendly theme.
The baby wipes themselves are made of 100% biodegradable, FSC-certified cellulose plant fibre. For the other key ingredient, water, while many manufacturers usually attach a generic, rather unhelpful label such as “purified water”, Offspring goes the extra mile to disclose the exact water purification techniques involved: ultrafiltration, reverse osmosis, electrodeionization and ultraviolet radiation. Credibility and transparency wise, Offspring baby wipes certainly measure up well against the competition.
What are eco-friendly wipes without organic ingredients? Offspring scores easy points in this regard with the addition of organic aloe and chamomile extracts, long known for their soothing and moisturizing properties. Note that while the ingredient list may contain other botanicals such as calendula extract and olive oil, only the aloe and chamomile extracts are organic.
These wipes are also free of, among other stuff, alcohol, phenols, bleaching agents, parabens, phthalates and formaldehyde. For fragrance, once again, it’s the nuances and little details that lend the brand increased credibility. Offspring categorically states that these wipes are not only free of the conventional scented ingredients, but also the less-known masking fragrances, used to conceal any undesirable smells from the other ingredients.
Offspring wipes are safe for use throughout your baby’s body, including the face and mouth, and are certified bio-safe by authoritative bodies such as Dermatest and the Environmental Working Group (EWG). They are available in packs of 20 and 80.
Get the best value for Offspring diapers and wipes with Loviya
Eco-friendly diapers and wipes are usually priced at a premium, and Offspring’s are no exception. One of the best ways to maximise not only your baby’s health and safety, but also your savings, is to compare prices of Offspring through Loviya.
With Loviya, parents can easily compare prices per pack and purchase quantities for Offspring diapers and baby wet wipes across leading online retailers in Singapore. These include Shopee, Lazada and Amazon.
Do not skimp on your little one’s health and safety, but there is also no need to blow a big hole in your finances unnecessarily. Get the best of both worlds only with Loviya, Singapore’s first price comparison platform exclusively for parents and parents-to-be.
Can't find the product you want? Request for new product here