Prices of Moony
The average prices for Moony diapers in 2022 in Singapore are as follow (based on lowest prices in Loviya):
Air Fit Tape
- NB90: S$16.7
- S84: S$17.9
- M64: S$16.7
- M68: S$22.9
- L54: S$16.7
- L58: S$20
Air Fit Pants
- M58: S$16.7
- M64: S$22.9
- L44 (boys): S$16.75
- L44 (girls): S$15.2
- L50 (boys): S$20
- L50 (girls): S$20
- L54 (boys): S$24.1
- L54 (girls): S$24.1
- XL38 (boys): S$16.7
- XL38 (girls): S$16.7
- XL44 (boys): S$20
- XL44 (girls): S$22.9
- XXL26 (boys): S$21.5
- XXL26 (girls): S$21.5
- NB63: S$18.2
- S58: S$18.2
- M46: S$18.2
- L38: S$18.2
- M46: S$18.2
- L36: S$18.2
- XL32: S$18.2
Moony diapers are developed by the same parent company as MamyPoko, and in fact predated its more popular sister brand in the company’s line of baby diaper products.
Launched in 1981 in Japan by Unicharm Corporation, Moony introduced several firsts in baby nappy design, such as the hourglass shape to better cover the hip and crotch area. Over the years, it has continued to demonstrate the renowned Japanese product creativity. For example, it was the world’s first anti-leakage diaper in 1987, with the 3D waist and leg gathers not only making fluid retention more effective, but also promoting better breathability.
In terms of absorbency and thickness, it also achieved the same mini engineering wonder as MamyPoko in 2008. The thickness of Moonyman pants was halved, while maintaining the same absorbency. This may be par for the course for many major diaper brands now, but more than a decade ago, this was certainly no mean feat.
The Air Fit series as we know it today, again a mirror of its sister brand, was first launched in 2013. Together with the Natural tape and pants series, Air Fit represents the staple line of the Moony brand in Singapore.
Today, despite the presence of its larger sister, Moony continues to hold its own in the baby diaper market in Singapore. Let’s have a deeper review on what make Moony diapers popular!
Moony Air Fit Diapers
The saying “It’s the details that count” is perhaps a bit trite. But look closely at the finer aspects of Moony Air Fit Diapers and you will begin to understand why Japanese diapers are so popular in Singapore.
While the Air Fit series boasts features which are standard across many major baby nappy brands, 3 designs truly distinguish it from the competition.
The first concerns something as mundane as sizing. Many diaper brands carry a one-size-fits-all Newborn size of up to 5kg. But we all know that newborns come in literally all sizes, and it is not uncommon for parents to complain about ill-fitting diapers for their newborns, especially oversized ones that seem to hang from rather than wrap around baby. And this is where Moony Air Fit’s genius comes in: its Newborn tape comes in 2 sizes, up to 3kg and 5kg. Apparently, there is almost an equal split between babies weighing up to 3kg and 5kg at birth. With a 40% weight difference, it is small wonder that a 5kg tape diaper will be too loose-fitting for a 3kg infant. Cue a leaking, watery mess whenever baby pees or poos. So kudos to Moony for this deceptively ingenious effort, because hey, we are not aware of any other major brand that does this.
The second distinctive feature is the so-called loose stool stopper, widely trumpeted by the brand. For tape, this is essentially a catchment sheet at the back of the diaper to prevent back leakage of watery stool. This back sheet helps to bridge the gap between the skin and diaper, enabling a snug fit and helping to minimize back leaks. For Moonyman Air Fit pants, this takes the form of a so-called 3D loose stool pocket, an integrated protrusion at the back to trap watery poo. Again, there is extra thoughtfulness, with this design only available for Medium size and below for both tape and pants, as younger babies are more likely to produce watery stool than older ones.
Thirdly, the absorbent pad takes on a bespoke “dart” shape, with 4 pointed notches at the centre. This helps the pad conform more naturally to the baby contours, and relieves the pressure in the crotch area. Simple and effective without compromising on the absorptive capacity of the pad, when many other brands are still using the standard rectangular pad.
The rest of the key features are what you would normally expect from a premium Japanese diaper, with a touch of innovativeness:
- Self-adjusting, elastic gathers at the back and legs to guard against leakage.
- Absorbency of up to 12 hours for overnight use, with the embossed, undulating structure of the pad keeping the pee and poo in place.
- Dermatologically safe for children, including olive oil-induced moisturizing effect and being OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified.
- Better air circulation with a full ventilation sheet.
- Higher cut above waist level for larger-size Moonyman diaper pants without the loose stool stopper, to help keep blowouts in check for older children. Even so, you do not need to worry about uncomfortable pressure on your kid’s waist area, given the snug-fit, stretchable waistband.
- Urine indicator that changes from yellow to blue-green.
Moony Air Fit Diapers are sold in Singapore in the following sizes for tape and pants:
- Newborn (NB): up to 3kg and 5kg. Sold in packs of 90, 111 and 114.
- Small (S): 4 to 8kg. Sold in packs of 84, 102 and 105.
- Medium (M): 6 to 11kg. Sold in packs of 64, 78 and 80.
- Large (L): 9 to 14kg. Sold in packs of 54 and 66.
Moonyman Air Fit Pants
- Small (S): 4 to 8kg. Sold in packs of 62 and 76.
- Medium (M): 5 to 10kg and 6 to 12kg. Sold in packs of 58, 70 and 72.
- Large (L): 9 to 14kg. Sold in packs of 44, 50 and 54 for boys and girls.
- Extra Large (XL): 12 to 22kg. Sold in packs of 38, 44 and 46 for boys and girls.
- Extra Extra Large (XXL): 13 to 28kg. Sold in packs 26 for boys and girls.
Moony Natural Diapers
It is common for many major baby diaper brands to develop a more natural, eco-friendly version, and Moony is no exception with its Moony Natural diaper series.
As with the Air Fit series, Moony Natural is certified to OEKO-TEX Standard 100. It takes its natural goodness a step further with the following:
- Being the first major baby nappy brand in Japan to use organic cotton, Moony Natural is suitable even for the most sensitive skin. The organic cotton, used in the inner lining together with non-woven fabric, provides additional dermatological protection for your baby’s skin.
- Unlike Air Fit, the Natural series comes with not 1, but 3 moisturizing and anti-inflammatory ingredients, olive oil, jojoba oil and rice oil.
- Beyond the OEKO-TEX requirements, Moony Natural is also free of substances such as fragrances, latex, petroleum derivatives and artificial colouring.
Other than these earthly characteristics, this series also retain all the good things about Air Fit, such as the 12-hour absorbency and 2-tier Newborn sizes.
Moony Natural Diapers are sold in Singapore in the following sizes for tape and pants:
- Newborn (NB): up to 3kg and 5kg. Sold in packs of 63.
- Small (S): 4 to 8kg. Sold in packs of 58.
- Medium (M): 6 to 11kg. Sold in packs of 46.
- Large (L): 9 to 14kg. Sold in packs of 38.
Moonyman Natural Pants
- Small (S): 4 to 8kg. Sold in packs of 50.
- Medium (M): 5 to 10kg. Sold in packs of 46.
- Large (L): 9 to 14kg. Sold in packs of 36.
- Extra Large (XL): 12 to 22kg. Sold in packs of 32.
Do Moony diapers have an expiry date?
- While diapers technically do not have an expiry date, it is recommended to use them within 2 to 3 years of manufacture. Nappies, being primarily paper products, are typically tested as effective by the manufacturer within this timeframe. Beyond this, while their overall efficacy usually remains unchanged, there may be some degradation to the absorptive and wetness indicator performance.
Buy Moony through Loviya at the cheapest prices in Singapore
Online store hopping for the best deals for Moony baby diapers? Save your time and effort with Loviya, where you can easily compare top offers from leading online merchants in Singapore. Compare sales and purchase quantities for Moony tape and pants between Shopee, Qoo10, Amazon, Lazada, EAMart and more. If you are wondering where to buy Moony diapers in Singapore at the cheapest online prices, you can check out Loviya as your one-stop resource.
Can't find the product you want? Request for new product here