Prices of Huggies
The average prices for Huggies diapers and baby wipes in 2022 in Singapore are as follow (based on lowest prices in Loviya)
Gold Diapers Tape
- NB78: S$15.5
- S72: S$15.5
- M66: S$15.5
- L62: S$15.5
- XL50: S$15.5
- M56: S$18.1
- L44: S$17.7
- XL38: S$18.1
- XXL32: S$18.1
Platinum Naturemade Diapers Tape
- NB60: S$15.3
- S70: S$19.4
- M64: S$19.3
- L54: S$19.3
- XL44: S$19.3
Platinum Diapers Tape
- JB24: S$17.5
- NB30: S$14.9
- NB60: S$17.5
- S82: S$25.6
- M64: S$21
- L54: S$21
- XL44: S$21.6
Platinum Naturemade Pants
- M58: S$18.9
- L44: S$18.9
- XL38: S$18.9
- XXL26: S$16
- M44 (boys): S$18.7
- M44: S$18.7
- M33: S$9.6
Silver Diapers Tape
- M72: S$13.8
- L60: S$13.8
- XL48: S$13.8
- XXL40: S$13.8
- M64: S$11.6
- L48: S$11.6
- XL40: S$11.6
- XXL34: S$11.6
Clean Care Wipes, 80s: S$2.9
Gentle Care Wipes, 80s: S$3.7
Pure Clean Wipes, 64s: S$2.7
Nourishing Clean Wipes, 72s: S$2.9
Origin of Huggies
Today Huggies is almost synonymous with baby diapers and increasingly, baby wipes in Singapore. Together with brands such as Pampers, it constitutes a popular group of Western diaper brands competing with other Asian and local brands for market share.
The brand owner and manufacturer, Kimberly-Clarke, is a multinational specializing in a variety of paper products. As with many modern day diapers, Huggies was the result of many iterative improvements over the years. Its predecessors, Kimbies and Kleenex, were first introduced for the American market in the 1960s and 70s, and evolved into Huggies in the early 1980s as a premium price model.
Over the next 3 decades, as Huggies made inroads into international markets such as Singapore, design and technical improvements were made. These included an hourglass shape for a more natural fit with babies’ physical contours, anti-diaper rash properties, and a U-shaped notch to protect an infant’s umbilical cord area. Until recently, Huggies was also the only mainstream baby diaper brand in Singapore to offer a Just Born (JB) size, mainly for premature babies, or premmies.
Besides, it also seems to be the baby diaper and wipes brand most liberal with its sample distribution!
Huggies offers several series of baby nappies and wet wipes in Singapore, catering to different age groups, preferences and budgets. It is also suitable for children with sensitive skin. As with many other major brands, it also runs a Huggies Club, to foster community support (and brand loyalty) among mummies here.
Let’s have a detailed review of the different baby diapers and wipes by Huggies in Singapore.
Huggies Gold Diaper Tape
Huggies Gold Diapers are one of the most prominent nappy series in Singapore, with their distinctive, golden packaging. The tape version features a cotton-like, breathable absorbent core, which quickly pulls pee and watery poo away. The effectiveness of the absorbent pad is the main premise for its clinically-proven anti-diaper rash quality.
Equally important in preventing the nasty rash, we think, are also the additional ingredients of chamomile, vitamin E and aloe vera extracts. These are well known for their moisturizing and soothing qualities, and in unison, will certainly help keep your baby’s skin soft, smooth and supple.
These tape nappies can last up to 12 hours, even for the smaller Newborn (NB) and Small (S) sizes for infants. However, with the extra sensitivity of an infant’s skin, it is advisable to change the nappies every 4 to 5 hours, even through the night.
Huggies Gold Diaper Tape is available in the following sizes:
- Newborn (NB): up to 5kg. Sold in packs of 78
- Small (S): 3 to 7kg. Sold in packs of 72
- Medium (M): 5 to 10kg. Sold in packs of 66
- Large (L): 8 to 13kg. Sold in packs of 62
- Extra Large (XL): 11 to 16kg. Sold in packs of 50
Huggies Gold Pants
Huggies Gold Pants are designed with a similar absorptive technology as their tape counterpart, with the “Speed Dry” design allowing for efficient absorption and retention of large amounts of fluid. This can keep older children dry for up to 12 hours, and is again the primary factor behind the clinically-proven anti-diaper rash quality.
Another noteworthy feature is that other than the linings, the waistband is breathable as well. A child’s sweat may tend to coalesce behind the waistband, especially with the contoured fit design of many diaper pants nowadays. The breathable waistband of Huggies Gold Pants hence comes in handy, helping to quickly dispel dampness from an area with relatively limited air circulation.
These pull-up pants also come with comfortable dual leakage barriers around the thighs, a design which, similar to brands such as PeeKaPoo, reflects the motto that diapers should feel like underwear for a child.
Huggies Gold Pants are available in the following sizes:
- Medium (M): 6 to 12kg. Sold in packs of 56
- Large (L): 9 to 14kg. Sold in packs of 44
- Extra Large (XL): 12 to 17kg. Sold in packs of 38
- Extra Extra Large (XXL): 15 to 25kg. Sold in packs of 32
Huggies Platinum Naturemade Diaper Tape & Pants
Huggies Platinum Naturemade is the new, eco-friendly version of the long-running Platinum series, which is being gradually phased out in Singapore. Platinum Naturemade represents Huggies’ efforts to join the eco-friendly bandwagon together with an increasing number of baby diaper brands, impressing upon parents that eco-friendliness means better safety and health for your baby as well. The packaging is almost identical to Platinum’s, except for the distinctive plant motifs.
This Naturemade version has retained many features and functions from the original Platinum series, while adding an earth-friendly element. Let’s have a more in-depth review on why these Platinum Naturemade tape and pants are a good choice for your baby.
- Naturemade takes a step further from the Huggies Gold series in terms of diaper comfort for your child – instead of just the diaper feeling like underwear, Naturemade diapers are supposed to be “as comfortable as wearing nothing at all”. This sounds rather hyperbolical, but the design of the Naturemade nappies is underpinned by the ZeroFeel technology, with the 5mm flexible core underlining how thin and comfortable they can be.
- Being thin and comfortable does not mean a diaper cannot absorb effectively as well. Naturemade diapers can last up to 12 hours, due in large part to the 9000+ micro funnels in the liner to rapidly draw and lock away fluid. As such, these diapers continue to be suitable for overnight use. As a bonus, some parents have also commented that the diapers did not retain any urine smell even after overnight use.
- Judging from other parents’ reviews, this Platinum Naturemade series also further supports Huggies’ claim of clinically proven anti-rash diapers. This series is made of the usual primary diaper ingredients, such as pulp, super absorbent polymer (SAP) and polyethylene, while retaining the breathability of the previous Platinum version. It is packed with millions of microscopic, breathable openings for optimal air circulation.
- Last but certainly not least, is the signature eco-friendly quality of this series. As with many other such diapers, such quality primarily stems from the ingredients used, as well as the sources. For Platinum Naturemade, these are:
- European plant fibre which makes up 1% of the liner material
- Vitamin E from wheat germ oil
- Absence of harmful substances such as heavy metals, chlorine, phthalates and dioxins
While the addition of Vitamin E to baby diapers for extra skin nourishing and moisturizing seems rather common nowadays, the absence of chemicals such as phthalates and dioxins is more significant. This is because 7 to 8 years ago, such chemicals were indeed found in diapers from brands such as Huggies and Pampers.
Huggies Platinum Naturemade tape and pants are sold in Singapore in the following sizes.
- Newborn (NB): up to 5kg. Available in packs of 60
- Small (S): 4 to 8kg. Available in packs of 70
- Medium (M): 6 to 11kg. Available in packs of 64
- Large (L): 9 to 14kg. Available in packs of 54
- Extra Large (XL): 12 to 17kg. Available in packs of 44
- Medium (M): 6 to 11kg. Available in packs of 58
- Large (L): 9 to 14kg. Available in packs of 44
- Extra Large (XL): 12 to 18kg. Available in packs of 38
- Extra Extra Large (XXL): over 15kg. Available in packs of 26
Huggies Silver Diapers
For parents who are more cost conscious, Huggies Silver Diaper Tape and Pants represent a more budget-friendly option while still retaining the core design and functions of the Huggies family.
The Rapid Absorb System (for tape) and Quick Dry Layer (for pants) draw away fluid efficiently, allowing your child to stay dry for up to 10 hours. While a tad lower than the 12 hours absorbency of the more premium Huggies series, this is still sufficient for overnight use.
There is also no compromise on the signature clinically proven anti-diaper rash quality, with the 100% breathable outer cover enabling up to 10 times faster air circulation than non-breathable linings.
Huggies Silver Diapers may be a no-frills cousin of the other Huggies series, but this does not mean it is not a good, reliable nappy, especially for shorter periods during daytime.
The Silver tape and pants are sold in Singapore in the following sizes. They do not come in sizes below Medium, hence are more suitable for toddlers and older children.
- Medium (M): 6 to 11kg. Sold in packs of 72
- Large (L): 9 to 14kg. Sold in packs of 60
- Extra Large (XL): 11 to 16kg. Sold in packs of 48
- Extra Extra Large (XXL): above 14kg. Sold in packs of 40
- Medium (M): 6 to 12kg. Sold in packs of 64
- Large (L): 9 to 14kg. Sold in packs of 48
- Extra Large (XL): 12 to 17kg. Sold in packs of 40
- Extra Extra Large (XXL): 15 to 25kg. Sold in packs of 34
Huggies Little Swimmer Pants
One of the more niche, yet most popular, series in the Huggies family is the Little Swimmer Pants. Just as Huggies used to be the only mainstream brand associated with premmie baby diapers, the same could be said for baby swim diapers.
These aquatic-themed nappies do their job well, whether your child is splashing around in a wet play area or submerged in a pool.
For those of you thinking of using a regular diaper as an improvised swim diaper, please don’t. Just like regular apparel vs swimwear, swim diapers are specially purposed for wet use in ways that regular diapers are not. Swim diapers, unlike their regular counterpart, do not absorb extra fluid other than urine and wet poo, and hence do not swell up or sag in water. They help your baby stay comfortable and snug in water, without any leakage accidents.
We learnt this the hard way, because we once brought our toddler into a pool wearing just normal diapers. It was not long before the diapers started sagging big time and the inner lining started tearing, with the absorbent gel bits spilling out. Definitely not a pleasant experience, and a hard-earned lesson not to skimp on proper swim nappies.
Huggies Little Swimmer Pants come with wood fluff pulp in the absorbent pad, together with a stretchy, firm waistband and elastic leg guards for anti-leakage protection. With these swim diapers, you can pay more attention to your child’s water safety, without worrying about the play time degenerating into a messy, stinky experience underwater.
These swim pants are available in the following sizes.
- Small (S): 7 to 12kg. Available in packs of 12
- Medium (M): 11 to 15kg. Available in packs of 11
- Large (L): above 14kg. Available in packs of 10
Huggies GoodNites Unisex Bedtime Pants
Once children from 4 to 5 years old are potty trained, there is only a sporadic, if not non-existent, need for diapers, especially during daytime. However, overnight, accidents still do occur, with some older children going through a bedwetting phase all through primary school.
A new addition to the Huggies family in Singapore, Huggies GoodNites Unisex Bedtime Pants rivals other existing night-time pants for older kids, such as MamyPoko Kids Pants. A 5-layer, leak lock protection system is built into these GoodNites Bedtime Pants to cater for the extra pee of older children. The overall curvature, waistband and side guards are also designed with the growing contours of the child in mind, without feeling too tight, stuffy or uncomfortable.
Unsurprisingly, diaper pants for older kids such as these do not come cheap, but for most kids, bedwetting is expected to gradually resolve itself sooner rather than later.
Huggies GoodNites Unisex Bedtime Pants are available here in Singapore in the following sizes:
- Small to Medium (S to M): 17 to 30kg (approximately 4 to 8 years old). Sold in packs of 14
- Large to Extra Large (L to XL): 27 to 57kg (approximately 7 to 11 years old). Sold in packs of 11
Huggies baby wet wipes
Other than its diapers, the second part of Huggies’ “dynamic duo” for babies is its wet wipes. Huggies wipes are known for their thickness, softness and hypoallergenic properties. Indeed, with natural fibres and water being predominant ingredients, Huggies baby wipes are free of nasties such as alcohol, fragrances and parabens, which makes them suitable for hand, face and body use. It also claims that the clinically tested wipes can absorb and clean 4 times more effectively than regular, generic wipes.
For Singapore, Huggies has rolled out 3 different series of wipes, as detailed below.
Huggies Clean Care Baby Wipes
These Clean Care wipes can remove 99% of germs and bacterial, and are a refreshed version of the discontinued Gentle Care series.
Available in packs of 20 and 80.
Huggies Pure Clean Baby Wipes
These Pure Clean wipes are made of 100% water put through an 8-step purification process, and are the thickest Huggies wipes sold in Singapore.
Available in packs of 16 and 64.
Huggies Nourishing Clean Baby Wipes
As the name suggests, these Nourishing Clean wipes comprise cocoa and shea butter as additional ingredients for extra moisturizing and nourishing.
Available in packs of 72.
Do Huggies diapers and wipes expire?
As with many major diaper brands, Huggies diapers generally do not have an expiry date. That said, it is recommended to use the diapers within 2 to 3 years of purchase. In a practical sense, as children tend to outgrow their diapers pretty fast, it is actually very unlikely to keep unopened diapers beyond 6 to 12 months of purchase.
As for wipes, it is highly recommended to use them within 12 months of purchase. Because beyond this time, the wipes, even when unopened, will start to lose a significant amount of their moisture.
Do Huggies diapers come with a wetness indicator?
Huggies diapers are designed with a wetness indicator, which is almost considered a basic, default feature for many nappies nowadays. Note though, that prolonged storage of unopened diapers may result in discoloration of the wetness indicator strip. This does not affect the efficacy of the diaper itself.
Where are Huggies products manufactured?
Manufacturing locations vary across the series of Huggies diapers and wipes. The diapers are made in China and Singapore, while the wipes originate from South Korea and Singapore.
Find the cheapest prices in Singapore for Huggies through Loviya
Huggies has definitely captured the hearts and minds of parents here in Singapore, with quality and innovative products that make parenting that much less stressful. However, its baby diapers and wet wipes do not exactly come cheap, and many parents are caught in a quandary of cost vs quality.
Loviya can help you with this dilemma by comparing prices of Huggies nappies and wipes between top online marketplaces and merchants in Singapore. By comparing prices and purchase quantities between merchants such as NTUC Fairprice, Shopee, Lazada, Watsons, Redmart and Amazon, you can save up to 60% on Huggies and enjoy the cheapest online offers. Even for less common diapers such as Huggies Justborn tape, you can easily find out where to buy at the best deals.
Never miss a Huggies discount or promotion again. Order online directly with the merchants now through Loviya.
Can't find the product you want? Request for new product here