Prices of Dumex
The average prices for Dumex milk powder in 2022 in Singapore are as follow (based on lowest prices in Loviya):
- Stage 2, 850g: S$47.9
- Stage 3, 850g: S$34
- Stage 3, 1.6kg: S$59.1
- Stage 4, 850g: S$28
- Stage 4, 1.6kg: S$53
- Stage 5, 850g: S$29.4
Mamil Gold Soy
- Stage 3, 800g: S$41.5
- Stage 1, 800g: S$14.8
- Stage 2, 800g: S$14.8
- Stage 3, 700g: S$18
- Stage 3, 1.6kg: S$37.6
- Stage 4, 700g: S$18
- Stage 4, 1.6kg: S$37.6
- Stage 5, 700g: S$18
- Stage 5, 1.6kg: S$37.6
Origin of Dumex formula milk brand
Dumex is a world-renowned brand of infant and children’s nutritional food items. Its parent organization is Danone which is headquartered in France. Today, Danone has more than 190 production plants, and it is expected to expand more in the future.
Danone Dumex was inaugurated in 1946. It has been providing growing-up milk, follow-on milk, and other child nutrition products in Singapore since 1959. Due to the continuous efforts of Dumex Singapore to provide quality products to Singapore children, it has now become one of the top 200 brands in Asia.
In the next section, we will review Mamil Gold, Mamil Gold Soy, as well as the Dulac and Dugro series.
Dumex Mamil Gold
Dumex Mamil Gold products contain naturally-sourced ingredients to ensure children develop healthy habits and get the most out of natural foods. They are manufactured in Europe and have the following characteristics.
- Artificial colours are not added.
- Milk is taken from grass-fed cows. It is believed that milk from grass-fed cows has a higher concentration of healthy fats than milk from grain-fed cows.
- They contain a mixture of prebiotics GOS and IcFOS in ratio 9:1. GOS is extracted from grass-fed milk, while IcFOS is taken from chicory root. Prebiotics promote gut health by encouraging the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- These Dumex milk powders are made sucrose-free to ensure children do not get exposed to excessive sugar, which can damage their teeth and induce obesity.
Here is the review of Dumex Mamil Gold products. It covers Step 2, Step 3, Step 4, and Step 5.
Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 2
Dumex Mamil Gold stage 2 is manufactured keeping in mind the nutritional needs of infants aged 6 months. Dumex milk products in Singapore contain ingredients which are all halal. The key ingredients of Mamil Gold stage 2 are:
- DHA: It supports visual acuity and brain growth in growing children.
- Zinc & iron: Zinc and iron are essential micronutrients that are of critical value to children for their normal development. Zinc supports overall growth and boosts immunity. Iron is required for normal red blood cell production. Its deficiency can lead to iron deficiency which is common in toddlers.
- Calcium: It is vital for building teeth and strong bones in toddlers.
- Vitamins: Dumex stage 2 milk also contains several vitamins, including vitamins C, A, K1, and E. Each vitamin performs its unique role in the body.
In Singapore, Dumex Mamil Gold step 2 milk comes in a durable can. A can contains 850 g or 1.5kg of baby milk. When preparing Dumex step 2 baby formula, it is recommended that you add 6 scoops of powder (27.6 g) in 180 ml of water.
Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 3
Dumex Mamil Gold step 3 is designed for children from 1 to 3 years old. This baby milk powder contains the right amount of 30 plus premium quality essential nutrients that babies need for healthy growth of the brain, bones, and other body organs,
Dumex Mamil Gold 3 is a safe choice for babies because it is naturally sourced. It does not have artificial colouring agents and genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
Ingredients of Dumex Mamil Gold step 3 are the same as those of step 2. However, their concentration is adjusted according to the needs of 1-3-year-old children. It comes in a tin can of 850 g or 1.6kg. When preparing baby feed, you should add around 32.0 g of powder in 180 ml of water.
Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 4
In this review of Dumex Mamil Gold step 4, you will learn all that you need to know about this product.
Dumex Mamil Gold step 4 supports the development of 3 to 6-year-old children. Its ingredients are natural, which makes it gentle on the tummies of growing children. It contains the same ingredients as those of Mamil Gold step 3, but the amount of those ingredients is different.
Dumex stage 4 powder is available in tin cans of 850 g or 1.6kg. Dumex recommends parents add 32.0 g of powder in 180 ml of water to prepare one serving.
Dumex Mamil Gold Stage 5
Dumex Mamil Gold step 5 is manufactured for children aged 6 years and above. Ingredients and other features of this Dumex baby milk powder are similar to other products of the Mamil Gold series. The key difference is in the concentration of its ingredients.
It also comes in an 850 g tin can. You should mix 41.5 g of powder in 200 ml of water to prepare a single serving of Dumex step 5.
Dumex Mamil Gold Soy Stage 3
Dumex soy milk is particularly created for children who prefer a vegan diet. This Dumex milk is lactose-free, so lactose-intolerant children can drink it without any trouble. It contains soy protein isolate as an alternative to animal milk proteins.
This plant-based Dumex product is for children 1 year old or above. Its ingredients include vegetable oils, DHA, calcium, iron, and other key ingredients that are also present in the Dumex Mamil Gold series. Its packaging is also the same as that of other Mamil Gold products.
Dumex experts recommend parents add 27.6 g of milk powder in 180 ml of water to prepare one serving. You can change the amount of water or powder as per your doctor’s recommendation.
Dumex Mamil Gold Soy stage 3 is available in packs of 800g.
Dumex Dulac Stage 1
This review of Dumex Dulac step 1 will explain all the important features of this Dumex infant milk formula.
Dumex Dulac is an infant formula that is formulated according to the nutrient requirements suggested by WHO. Parents can feed Dumex stage 1 to their newborn infants from day 1 until they turn 6 months old. Dumex Dulac milk sold in Singapore is sourced from New Zealand, and contains ingredients which are all halal.
The main ingredients of Dumex Dulac step 1 are:
- Minerals: They are required to perform several important functions such as maintaining brain, heart, and bone health. This Dumex milk for newborn contains iron, zinc, calcium, copper, chlorine, and many other important minerals.
- DHA: It is one of the essential components that infants require for optimal growth. It mainly supports eye and brain health.
- AA: It promotes muscle growth and repair.
- Vitamins: They perform different daily bodily functions. Dumex milk for infants has vitamins D3, C, A, E, and K1.
The net weight of Dumex Dulac milk for newborn is 800 g. It comes in a tin can. When preparing a single serving for your baby, add a single scoop (4.4 g) of milk powder to 30 ml hot water.
Dumex Dulac Stage 2
Dumex Dulac stage 2 is a follow-on milk that is designed for babies of 6 to 12 months of age. Its characteristics and ingredients are the same as those of Dulac stage 1 milk. Its available weight is also 800 g, and it is provided in a can. Mix 1 scoop of 4.8 g powder in 30 ml of milk to prepare one fresh serving.
Dumex Dugro Step 3
This Dumex Dugro milk powder is a sucrose-free growing-up milk for children aged 1 to 3 years. Each serving contains the right amount of DHA, calcium, vitamins, dietary fibres, and other minerals that are crucial for your child ’s optimal growth and development. It is sourced from New Zealand and packed in Thailand.
It comes in a cardboard bag, and its net weight is 700 g or 1.6kg. To prepare a single serving, add 44 g of powder in 190 ml of water. Mix the contents thoroughly until the powder gets fully dissolved.
Dumex Dugro Step 4
Dumex Dugro step 4 is manufactured for 3 to 6 years old children. This product has the same ingredients as the aforementioned Dumex Dugro products. However, concentrations of the ingredients differ according to the nutritional needs of a 3 to 6 years old child.
It also comes in a 700 g or 1.6kg bag. Add 44 g of powder in 210 ml of water to prepare a single serving of this milk.
Dumex Dugro Step 5
Dumex Dugro step 5 is for children aged 6 years and above. Its ingredients include dietary fibres, DHA, omega 3 and 6, zinc, iron and all other components that are also included in other products of the Dumex Dugro series.
You can buy it in a 700 g or 1.6kg cardboard bag in Singapore. When preparing a single serving, mix 44 g of milk powder in 210 ml of water.
How to prepare Dumex milk powder
Steps to prepare Dumex formula milk safely are:
- Step 1: Wash your hands and baby feeding bottle thoroughly.
- Step 2: Sterilize the bottle and its components either with a sterilizer or with boiling water.
- Step 3: Separately prepare an appropriate amount of water for the milk feed
- Step 4: Boil the water for around 5 minutes. Leave it at room temperature to cool until 40°C.
- Step 5: Place the feeding bottle on an even and clean surface. Pour the amount of water according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Step 6: Fill and level the scoop with Dumex milk formula. Add the number of milk powder scoops according to instructions.
- Step 7: Screw the teat ring onto the feeding bottle. Cover it with the bottle cap. Shake the bottle to mix the milk powder in the water completely.
Recall of Dumex Mamil Gold in 2018
There was a recall of a specific batch of Dumex Mamil Gold step 1 in 2018 by Singapore’s food authority, the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority (AVA).
Cronobacter sakazakii, a bacterium that’s relatively rare but which can be potentially fatal to newborns, was detected in that batch of Dumex milk.
However, parents, fret not. The recall was completed for the batch of milk with expiry in Sep 2019, and since then, there have been no further recalls or safety alerts regarding Dumex milk powder.
Save on your Dumex formula milk with Loviya
Among popular baby formula milk options in Singapore, Dumex is one of the more affordable option, especially its Dulac and Dugro series. One of the reasons why it is so cheap could be that while the milk powder is sourced from countries such as Australia and New Zealand, the packaging is carried out in lower-cost countries such as Thailand.
But does cheaper milk mean lower quality? Arguable not, as laid out in our article here.
In any case, with the popularity and price competitiveness of Dumex milk formula, many online merchants in Singapore regularly run promotions and offers for both the Mamil Gold and Dulac/Dugro series, especially for step 3 milk and above. These include NTUC Fairprice, Lazada, Qoo10, Shopee, Guardian etc.
So where can you buy Dumex to enjoy the most bang for your buck? Here in Loviya, you can compare prices for all your Dumex milk products across top online merchants in Singapore. You can even compare purchase quantities from the merchants, so that you only buy what you need. Online shopping can save you money, but save even more by comparing prices!
Can't find the product you want? Request for new product here